Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Louie Vitiello's Lifesize Poison Ivy

I find a certain amount of joy whenever I stumble upon something Poison Ivy related - especially when it wasn't planned. Such is the case here with Louie Vitiello's lifesize Poison Ivy figure. This is a special find because it's something I've always wanted to do (but have not). My hesitation is mostly due to finances but also because I don't have the room.

From Louie's blog:
I am a NYC based artist. Though I like to work on many things, my favorite subject is superheroes, or more so the supervillains.

The mannequins are my specialty; making life size statues of my favorite characters. They are all hand painted/sprayed. Each one is signed, numbered and dated on the foot. Alas, living in NYC, I don't have the space to store them so I am forced to let them go from time to time.

What an absolutely amazing and fun hobby - and she's a beauty (see below). I love the bright and bold colors. The hair is also a great choice. This look appears to be inspired by various interpretations of Poison Ivy. I see a bit of Uma Thurman's costume mixed with the classic costume (Brian Apthorp style).


Check out Louie Vitiello's tumblr page for more images of this piece and other projects including Catwoman, Emma Frost, Mystique and more.

[louievitiello.tumblr.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...